Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Luke James Carroll



We welcomed this little guy into our family on July 18th, 2012!

He is almost 3 months old now and its taken me until now to get some time away to share his birth story here on the blog!  Better a little late than never, right?!  He is precious and delightful, smiley and sweet!  We certainly all feel in love with him right away!

Each night the week of LJ's birth, I was kept up late with regular contractions.  We even went to the hospital twice thinking that it was finally the real deal!  But on Wednesday the 18th, he let us know for certain that he was ready to make his debut!  I went to bed early while Sean hosted our weekly bible study with some young adults from our church in the basement.  Shortly before the bible study ended some regular contraction began again.  By this time I was pretty used to my body throwing me for a loop but I could also tell that this time there was something different.  These contractions came on hard and fast.  We made the call and headed over to the hospital as soon as we had some one at the house to watch the other sleeping cherubs!

There isn't much to say about labor at the hospital this time around because Luke was out of my belly and in my arms about 45 minutes after we arrived!  And of course, it was love at first sight!



If you've read around on our blog, you will know that name meanings are pretty important to us.  Luke's name represents the ability that light has to chase away and overcome darkness.  "And Jesus said, 'I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me, will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."  John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment