Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Learning to Lean

Proverbs 30:8b-9
...give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with the food that is needful for me,
lest I be full and deny you
and say, “Who is the Lord?”
or lest I be poor and steal
and profane the name of my God.


These words have been challenging me lately.  We've lived on very little money in our married years, and riches haven't been a desire or temptation for either of us in the way these verses describe.  Instead I've been challenged by the concept that these words represent.  I've found myself praying like this often recently: "Lord, give me no more or less than I can handle."  This prayer and idea has both challenged and encouraged me as I live life that is constantly filled with frustrating moments with a crying, itchy baby; or two almost three year olds who are trying to push the limits; or that life long battle of figuring out how to love the people in your life who are o so difficult for you to love.  If God would give me only the challenges that he would also allow me to overcome than I would be unstoppable!  I would just continue to grow and be amazed at how the Lord can work in my life!  And so I face each challenge confident that if the Lord has put it in my life that He has seen that I am ready to face it.  And if I don't get lazy, or overburdened, or impatient, or selfish I will be able to bring His name more glory and honor!  Amen?!

No comments:

Post a Comment